Franka Control Interface Documentation
There is an unofficial Chinese translation of this page . The Chinese version is not officially maintained by Franka Emika and might thus contain errors and/or be outdated.
The Franka Control Interface (FCI) can be accessed via several open source components which we provide on GitHub. We welcome contributions and suggestions for improvements.
These components are:
libfranka, a C++ library that provides low-level control of Franka Emika research robots. Its source code is available at https://github.com/frankaemika/libfranka. API documentation is available at https://frankaemika.github.io/libfranka.
franka_ros, our ROS integration, including support for ROS Control and MoveIt!. It also contains
franka_description, a collection of URDF models and 3D meshes that can be useful outside of ROS. The repository is available at https://github.com/frankaemika/franka_ros.
The source code of this documentation is also available online.
Before you start using the FCI, please read through the documents shipped with the robot and the Minimum system and network requirements chapter.
Using a robot with system version 4.2.0 or higher requires to enable the FCI mode. To do that open Desk -> expand the menu in the sidebar -> press ‘Activate FCI’. Further information about Single Point of Control (SPoC) can be found in the manual shipped with the robot.
- Minimum system and network requirements
- Compatible versions
- Installation on Linux
- Installation on Windows
- Getting started
- libfranka changelog
- franka_ros changelog
- 0.10.0 - 2022-09-02
- 0.9.1 - 2022-08-29
- 0.9.0 - 2022-03-29
- 0.8.2 - 2022-02-22
- 0.8.1 - 2021-09-08
- 0.8.0 - 2021-08-03
- 0.7.1 - 2020-10-22
- 0.7.0 - 2020-07-15
- 0.6.0 - 2018-08-08
- 0.5.0 - 2018-06-28
- 0.4.1 - 2018-06-21
- 0.4.0 - 2018-03-26
- 0.3.0 - 2018-02-22
- 0.2.2 - 2018-01-31
- 0.2.1 - 2018-01-30
- 0.2.0 - 2018-01-29
- 0.1.2 - 2017-10-10
- 0.1.1 - 2017-10-09
- 0.1.0 - 2017-09-15
- franka_ros2 changelog
- franka_matlab changelog
- Robot and interface specifications
- FR3 certification remarks
- Cannot boot realtime kernel because of “Invalid Signature”
- Running a libfranka executable fails with “Connection timeout”
- Motion stopped due to discontinuities or
- Robot is not reachable
- Running a libfranka executable fails with “UDP receive: Timeout”
- Network bandwidth, delay and jitter test
- Running a libfranka executable fails with “Incompatible Library Version”
- Running a libfranka executable fails with “command rejected due to activated safety function!” or “command preempted due to activated safety function!”